Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS712138
Like things to be clean and tidy? Then we want you!
We are seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
As a Cleaner you will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, bathroom cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, it is highly desirable that you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties to give the schools hygiene a high priority.
Suitable applicants will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Suitable applicants will ideally be organised, reliable, punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Djidi Djidi Aboriginal School is a modern, well-resourced and aesthetically appealing school located amongst natural bushland and adjacent wetlands in Glen Iris, Bunbury. The buildings are unique and designed with Aboriginal perspectives in mind. The school provides a balanced education in a caring, supportive environment. The school curriculum and programs offered support the development of the academic, social, emotional and physical aspects of the whole child, working collaboratively with families to help their child to reach their full potential. At Djidi Djidi, we cater for individual learning styles, set high standards and have a strong belief that all children can learn. The school believes in, and fosters, tolerance, diversity and working collaboratively. The promotion of Aboriginal language and culture in assisting Aboriginal children to accept and value themselves and their culture is central to the learning program.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Djidi Djidi Aboriginal School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Brenda O'Connor, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9724 9444 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 11 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.