Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS706238
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021
Australind Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an efficient and enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Workplace Learning Coordinator.
As our Workplace Learning Coordinator you will be responsible for liaising with students, parents and employers to achieve high levels of Workplace Learning (WPL) and work experience outcomes. Other responsibilities of this role include liaising with outside agencies to establish, develop and support school-based traineeships/apprenticeships and achieving positive outcomes for all Vocational Education and Training (VET) students. The successful applicant will need to be able to support our students with personalised and meaningful work placements for approximately 140 Year 11 and Year 12 students.
The successful applicant will ideally possess excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate with others in a team environment. The ability to work with strict deadlines are highly desirable.
Australind SHS has a proud history of academic, sporting, and human success. Today, as an Independent Public School, we approach the future with energy, determined to provide our students with a first-class education and a fulfilling and well-rounded schooling experience. A careful balance of academic and life learning plays an important role.
The successful applicant will ideally build relationships with employers, parents, students and the community. The ability to work independently with excel spreadsheets and power point presentations is highly desired. Part of this role requires presenting in person to parents WPL inductions once a year.
Our school is the largest regional school within Western Australia. Australind SHS school is nestled in an environmental wonderland and students learn to value the world around them through exploration and activities only available because of its enviable location. Respect and concern for the natural and cultural environment is one of the school’s core teachings.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating suitable programs for students acquiring life skills and/or accessing recreational activities.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Well developed organisational skills including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities.
- Well developed problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Australind Senior High School can be found by visiting www.australind.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Maureen Bailey, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Australind, by telephoning (08) 9797 4405 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain or hold a valid ‘White Card’
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.