Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711386
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Canning Vale College is seeking to appoint a dedicated, highly competent and enthusiastic English teacher with excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful applicant should be a passionate teacher of English with a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning. We are looking to appoint a teacher who ideally possesses the ability to meet the learning needs of students with a range of English abilities.
The successful applicant should also self-reflect and assess the effectiveness of their teaching practice, promote an environment of active and positive learning, and provide educational opportunities and activities which enable students to achieve their highest potential. You will be able to show differentiated teaching practices within the classroom and skills and strategies that support the development of sound literacy practice within the classroom. This will include the capacity to deliver highly engaging programs. With effective interpersonal skills, you will work closely with students, teachers and the community to achieve the best educational outcomes for students. The ability to teach Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) English is desirable.
Canning Vale College is an Independent Public School established in 2004, and currently has approximately 1500 students, catering for Years 7 to 12. The school facilities are modern, well resourced, and incorporate the use of latest technologies in promoting learning and Creating Futures. Students are supported both in the classroom, and in the wider community to develop independence, life and employability skills as they transition through school and beyond.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Canning Vale College can be found by visiting www.cvc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Colleen Ernst, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9334 9000 or emailing Colleen.Ernst@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.