Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS710389
This is a permanent part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Champion Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Design and Technology Assistant.
As the successful applicant you will be required to prepare the classroom and workshop to enable the classroom teacher to instruct students effectively. You will also prepare specialised equipment and materials and provide operational advice for Design and Technology workshops, classes and demonstrations.
This role will require you to maintain, evaluate and assess technical equipment, carry out repairs and maintenance on design and technology equipment and arrange off-site repairs. The successful applicant will assist with the ordering of supplies and equipment, liaise with suppliers, negotiate prices and obtain quotes and ensure adequate supplies are maintained.
Champion Bay SHS is an Independent Public School that caters for students in Years 7 to 12. We provide a supportive and caring environment that emphasises the importance of respectful relationships and commitment to academic success across all programs in our school.
Staff and students work together to demonstrate our agreed values of 'Respect, Aspire and Resilience'. Previously, our position as a middle school enabled us to develop a unique pastoral care model that centres on relationships and the development of a deep knowledge about our students. Our current team structure continues this work into the senior school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge, skills and experience in operating technical/industrial equipment within a design and technology workshop/class or similar environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Western Australian Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 and its coverage in industrial environments.
- Knowledge of Design and Technology subjects relevant to secondary schools.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Organisational and time management skills and ability to work independently.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Champion Bay Senior High School can be found by visiting www.championbayshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Kylie Parkinson, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 9965 8300 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Hold or obtain a current Working with Children Check;
- Hold a Certificate III in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent qualification or experience; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.