Suitable applicants from IPS/SS689688 need not apply
Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS711592
Leinster Community School (CS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2022.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of the children in our community. As an Education Assistant - Mainstream, you will assist the Teacher with the implementation and delivery of planned education programs. You will also assist with implementing individual student or small group programs.
Suitable applicants will ideally be able to display initiative and the ability to take small groups of children for explicit instruction to scaffold or extend their learning. In addition, you will ideally be organised and able to use your initiative to assist the Teacher with the general care and well-being of students and maintenance of the learning environment. It is highly desirable that suitable applicants possess a high level of interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with staff members.
Suitable applicants will be required to work under teacher direction in a diverse role. You will ideally provide assessment feedback and provide learning opportunities that develop or complement a student’s Individual Education Program (IEP.) Suitable applicants will ideally be efficient, caring and be equipped with the ability to form good relationships with students and staff.
Suitable applicants who are appointed will need to secure housing within Leinster.
Leinster CS is a supportive team environment where everyone works towards a shared vision. Leinster is located in the Northern Goldfields of Western Australia. It is a closed mining town where the school supports the students of mine workers in the region.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leinster Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Claire Barbosa, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Leinster, by telephoning (08) 9037 9086 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.