Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA693496
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Eastern Hills Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a highly competent and enthusiastic Head of Learning Area (HOLA) – English to join their friendly and supportive leadership team.
The HOLA - English provides high quality leadership to staff within the English learning area as well as work closely with the Principal and School Leadership Team to provide educational leadership across the school. As the successful applicant you will ideally be an exemplary classroom practitioner who can lead the implementation of excellence in teaching and learning across the English Learning Area. You will lead improvement and change initiatives and use data to inform decision making which supports your successful practice.
You will ideally possess an excellent understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements for Years 7 to 12. This knowledge, combined with pedagogical skills, should enable the development of programs differentiated for the specific learning needs of all students across the full range of abilities. You will also ideally possess the capacity to lead and evaluate moderation activities that ensure consistent and comparable judgements of student learning to meet curriculum and school or system requirements.
As HOLA – English leadership will be supported by the capacity to build positive relationships with staff. You will ideally be able to collaborate effectively with others to sustain a professional team culture whereby staff feel supported to share effective teaching and learning practices. As well as lead a culture of orderliness and high expectations.
Our vision is to offer students a caring, progressive and meaningful learning environment that enhances their self-confidence and promotes an interest in life-long learning and achievement.
We have a proud history of offering young people a high quality, comprehensive education suited to their strengths and passions. We provide comprehensive education pathways leading to the attainment of an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications or future employment. This broad curriculum sees our students graduate and go on to lead successful careers.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eastern Hills Senior High School can be found by visiting www.ehshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandra Myles, Human Resources Officer, by telephoning (08) 9573 0300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED