Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH712891
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Canning Vale College is seeking an individual to fill the role of Teacher – Languages - Indonesian.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic Languages Teacher with a strong Indonesian language background who will have the ability to immerse students in both an understanding of the language and the development of cultural awareness. They will be responsible for implementing visible learning practices that involve the provision of learning intentions and success criteria for all lessons. Additionally, they will provide effective feedback to students through formative assessment and negotiate goals that support students to become independent learners.
The successful applicant will be committed to putting students first in all school based decision-making and this will be reflected in your outstanding, contemporary instruction that will embrace differentiation, consideration of student wellbeing and the capacity to facilitate engaging learning experiences. The ability to teach ATAR Indonesian is desirable.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a willingness to liaise with colleagues, parents and external networks to establish strong community partnerships, are highly desirable. As the successful applicant, you should be relationship focused with a consistent and transparent classroom management approach. Ideally you will be enthusiastic, seek opportunities for innovation and leadership, and desirably have the proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Canning Vale College is an Independent Public School established in 2004, and currently has approximately 1500 students, catering for Years 7 to 12. The school facilities are modern, well resourced, and incorporate the use of latest technologies in promoting learning and Creating Futures. Students are supported both in the classroom, and in the wider community to develop independence, life and employability skills as they transition through school and beyond.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Canning Vale College can be found by visiting www.cvc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Colleen Ernst, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9334 9000 or emailing Colleen.Ernst@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.