Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS710871
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Moorine Rock Primary School (PS) is currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner in Charge.
As a Cleaner - Working Alone you would open/close the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. You would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required. You would also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns and respond to issues raised by other school staff.
Moorine Rock PS is located 22kms west of Southern Cross and currently caters for approximately 22 students from Kindergarten through to Year 6. Moorine Rock is a small town, which services farmers in the area. The school buildings and grounds are well established and well maintained with extensive playground equipment for all ages. This provides an excellent educational environment for students and staff.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Moorine Rock Primary School please visit www.moorinerockps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Lauren Suttie, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about working in Moorine Rock, by telephoning (08) 9048 9800 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have this document completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 30 McInnes Street, Moorine Rock WA before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 November 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED