Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH712356
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time 0.6FTE position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension (12 months).
East Beechboro Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and confident educator to join our team in the position of Learning Support Coordinator and School Readiness Program (3-Year-Old).
Our staff of professional educators and support staff work with the school community to care for our students. They work with a shared vision to establish a learning environment that provides a well-balanced education, maximising student emotional, social, and academic outcomes. We have a shared commitment to the importance of quality relationships, upon which a safe, dynamic, happy, and productive learning environment is maintained.
We believe that in school operations, by working together in a partnership of mutual respect and purpose, we can optimise learning and child development. Teaching and learning is based on educational best practice where knowledge is communicated to all stakeholders, working with a clear vision of priorities and the needs of all. Our school has established whole-school practices in all areas of literacy and is developing a whole school approach to numeracy.
The Learning Support Coordinator works collaboratively with teachers, education assistants and the leadership team. The successful applicant should be a positive and innovative instructional leader. They should have the ability to inspire and deliver initiatives and strategies that develop capacity within teachers and education assistants to improve student learning.
The role of the School Readiness Program Teacher is to develop and implement a high-quality and engaging play-based learning program for 3-year-old children.
In addition to displaying competency against the 3 domains, applicants will ideally be able to display the following skills:
- Collaboration – works effectively in a fast paced environment with high staff numbers;
- Highly organised;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – collaborative communicator;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Commitment to providing a safe, supportive and inclusive environment for all students in their care;
- Ability to have difficult conversations with staff, students and parents;
- Solution focused thinker/planner;
- Developed knowledge of best practice teaching and learning strategies for students with identified learning difficulties both diagnosed and imputed; and
- A knowledge of MiniLit and MultiLit as well as EAL/D Progress Maps will be highly regarded.
Teachers who have additional expertise, skills and knowledge that can add value to the development of explicit whole school programs will be highly regarded
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Beechboro Primary School can be found by visiting eastbeechboroprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Shayne Harris, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6216 1900 or emailing Shayne.Harris@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.