Please be advised that as of 2:45pm Tuesday, 23 November 2021, the closing date has been amended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS709358
East Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of thorough and hardworking Cleaners Working Alone for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
As a Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties to give the school’s hygiene a high priority. You will also be responsible for opening and locking the school premises including setting the security system.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and efficient Cleaners to join our school staff - ideally individuals who can provide and maintain a clean, safe and welcoming environment throughout the school. Suitable applicants will be required to be punctual, reliable and organised, with an attention to detail. We are looking for people who are ideally self-motivated and can use initiative and work efficiently unsupervised.
East Kalgoorlie PS is a family orientated school servicing the entire Kalgoorlie-Boulder area. The school values relationships with students, staff, parent/carers and the wider community. It actively fosters parent/carer and community involvement in the students’ education. The school focuses on the Early Years of schooling and with its wrap-around services for every student is uniquely placed to offer a highly supportive, nurturing environment. Support staff are highly valued at our school and suitable applicants will be required to work as part of a dedicated team committed to enhancing students’ learning opportunities. This role provides you with the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about East Kalgoorlie Primary School please visit www.eastkalgoorlieps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Mitchell, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9068 2400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria 2 and 4 by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 30 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.