Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH702378
Are you an inspirational English teacher seeking a unique opportunity to join our dedicated and experienced team?
Bunbury Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of motivated English teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which will arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess a thorough knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum; be able to create an engaging and rigorous learning environment; have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a highly effective team member.
You will ideally be a reflective and innovative practitioner who is proficient in the purposeful use of technology. You will also be skilled in using strategies for effective differentiation in the classroom, to ensure students reach their highest potential.
Ideally, suitable applicants will have a track record of achieving excellent student outcomes. Previous experience teaching Gifted and Talented students, ATAR English and ATAR Literature would be highly valued.
At Bunbury SHS teachers have a growth mindset; they believe intelligence can be developed in students, they embrace challenge, learn from criticism and persist despite obstacles. We value the linking of learning with real world experiences and the currency students can take into pathways beyond school. Professional knowledge of instructional skills, theories, concepts and tactics, together with knowledge of Lemov’s strategies in developing high expectations is a focus of curriculum delivery at Bunbury SHS.
Consequently, our teacher practice fosters a safe and accountable learning environment that is engaging and pushes students to higher order thinking. There is a shared instructional framework. Teaching practice is informed by analysis of student results, student feedback and through collaboration with peers. Please see the attachment “The Best Teachers” to gather more information on the curriculum delivery at Bunbury SHS.
At Bunbury SHS, we are committed to developing partnerships that take learning beyond the classroom. We are focussed on projects, enterprises and research that are supported by our partnerships with industry and tertiary institutions.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bunbury Senior High School can be found by visiting www.bunburyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Xan Ashbury, Program Coordinator English for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9781 2500 or emailing Alexandra.Haightfirstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three-four (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.