Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS711001
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
Karratha Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking Marketing and Communications Officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will be responsible for managing the public relations, marketing and communications for the school. The successful applicant will ideally have a sound knowledge of social media platforms and the ability to actively seek out new opportunities to increase the reach of communications within the broader community. This includes managing the school’s website, newsletter, and communications across a number of channels. Confidence in photography, recording of events and producing publications is highly desirable.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have experience in a school context and a high level of understanding of school processes and procedures. We are looking to appoint someone who is highly motivated, able to work independently, has well developed interpersonal skills and is able to use initiative. Experience with promotional events and marketing will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will ideally have the passion and energy to connect our school to the community in a way that engages and informs our current students and their families. It is also important that our school connects with the local community including support agencies, local businesses, Department of Education and the local and broader community.
Karratha SHS, located in the City of Karratha, the hub of the Pilbara region of Western Australia, is an integral part of the community, providing a high quality education for all students. The school continues to forge a reputation for academic success, strong pastoral care, attracting and retaining high quality staff and the innovative programs and flexible learning options that meet the needs of all students. For over 40 years the school has catered for a diverse range of students and continues to do so today. Local students with a connection to the land, students from across Western Australia, Australia and from around the world, make for a vibrant student population. The community and the school share the responsibility for the growth and development of our students, working together to make our school a safe, respectful, innovative and exciting learning environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable experience in assisting with coordination of events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Sound initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Sound computer application skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Karratha Senior High School can be found by visiting www.karrathashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Tracey Bell, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Karratha, by telephoning (08) 9182 6900 or emailing Tracey.Bell@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.