Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711814
This is a permanent part-time 0.4FTE position commencing Term 1, 2022
Join a dedicated and dynamic team and help make a difference to the community!
Kiara College is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to fill the position of Teacher - English as an Additional Language/Dialect (EALD).
Kiara College is a vibrant learning community located on the western edge of the Swan Valley. We are a proudly Independent Public School with the unique characteristic of a school farm on our site. Catering for years 7-12, Kiara College offers comprehensive and innovative programs that support students to achieve their potential. Students can follow an ATAR, General, VET or Big Picture Education pathway, preparing them for university entry, TAFE or employment.
Our diverse student population of approximately 600 students includes students who came to us from 24 different countries. Nearly 28% of our students identify as Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander. We celebrate and embrace our diversity with a range of programs and activities aimed at promoting respect for all. We continue to strive to be a culturally responsive organisation.
For the successful applicant, an excellent knowledge of both the EALD Progress Maps and the Australian Curriculum is highly desirable. You should be able to deliver content in an engaging manner to instil in our students a passion for learning, language and literacy. Working collaboratively, you will implement whole school policies, processes and procedures, embedding a culture of professionalism, and collegial trust with staff and ongoing improvement for our students.
The ability to work with your colleagues to develop teaching strategies and approaches to ensure each student can reach their maximum potential is highly desirable. Ideally you will also engage across curriculum areas, assisting colleagues to also support EALD students. Using effective interpersonal skills, you will work closely with the community to achieve the best educational outcomes for students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kiara College can be found by visiting kiaracollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Kaye Stevens, Associated Principal, by telephoning (08) 6235 7000 or emailing Kaye.Stevens@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 17 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.