Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711567
Are you a dedicated and passionate Primary Teacher looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Leinster Community School (CS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $10 210 per year
- Locality allowance of $2 059 per year
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable
- Free relocation
- Free Flights to and from Perth (4 per quarter)
About the role
This role will suit someone who is highly motivated, relationship-focused and passionate about creating exciting learning experiences to ignite a desire to learn in students. Many of the classes at Leinster CS are composite classes and require innovation and flexibility.
The Ideal Teacher
Suitable applicants will ideally be passionate about making a difference in the lives of the children in our community. You will ideally have exemplary teaching skills, be highly motivated and enthusiastic. You should have the ability to work in a team environment and have a commitment to explicit teaching and evidenced based practice.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess a high level of interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with staff members and implement whole school approaches within the school’s business and operational plans. You will ideally have the knowledge and experience to embed whole school programs, which include Letters and Sounds, Talk for Writing and Prime Maths.
Suitable applicants will ideally be team players, with the ability to create an effective, engaging and inclusive learning environment based on high expectations. You should employ data-driven teaching practices and have a good understanding of how to establish a positive classroom environment, fostering high care and expectations.
Staff are expected to plan, share and implement programs incorporating iPads and other digital technologies in order to provide authentic and integrated learning opportunities.
Leinster CS is a supportive team environment where everyone works towards a shared vision.
The Location and Community
Leinster is located in the Northern Goldfields of Western Australia. It is a closed mining town where the school supports the students of mine workers in the region. There is the opportunity to fly in and out of the community. The community is well resourced with an IGA, hairdresser, beautician, swimming pool, gym and tavern.
For more information about Leinster visit here.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9264 5154.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leinster Community School can be found by visiting www.leinstercs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Claire Barbosa, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Leinster, by telephoning (08) 9037 9086 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.