Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS712143
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Mundijong Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and organised Library Officer to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will ideally possess a love of reading and a passion for student literature. In this role you will maintain the Library Management System of all school resources with an emphasis on data integrity and availability, including knowledge of computers and data bases. The successful applicant will provide excellent internal and external customer service in response to the information needs of library users and the overall school community and will also perform collection development with an emphasis on selecting and ordering high quality resources that match and enhance the West Australian curriculum.
In addition to this, you will assemble and arrange displays of books and other library materials to enhance lending and awareness of available resources ensuring an inviting environment is maintained. The successful applicant should possess the ability to work in collaboration with teaching staff to publicise, plan and conduct programs for children including recess and lunch time activities.
When you join our school community, you will quickly become acquainted with the quality and richness of programs that are designed to meet your child's needs. Our school vision of 'Learning Together, Growing Together' is reflected in our relationships with each other - staff, students and parents - and in the development of our programs and policies. These values form the moral purpose of our school and the foundation for ensuring the optimal learning environment for all students.
Our school is staffed by experienced teachers, administration and education assistants. Specialist teachers enrich the curriculum in music, science, health and physical education. Staff are dedicated in their approach to education and to working as a member of a collaborative team in order to meet the needs of every student. Loyalty and teamwork are strong features of our staff.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mundijong Primary School can be found by visiting www.mundijongps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Sharyn Hays, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9526 7150 or emailing Sharyn.Hays@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.