Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711625
Join a dedicated and dynamic team and help make a difference to our School Community
Newton Moore Education Support Centre (ESC) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Newton Moore ESC is an Independent Public School nestled in the thriving and idyllic coastal City of Bunbury, WA. The Centre is specifically designed to meet the needs of Years 7 to 12 students with intellectual disabilities. We offer a caring, respectful, small school environment where all students participate and actively engage in all facets of school life.
Our school has been recognised as an Excellent Public School. It is the only Education Support Centre to have been a recipient of this prestigious award from the Department of Education. Central to this award was our innovative programs but most importantly the outstanding staff who are passionate about our students.
As a school we are always looking to expand our classroom and specialist curriculum programs and would encourage classroom and specialist teachers to apply.
In this role, you will create a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on the development of the whole child. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the school and the community; have a sense of humour; and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
Our school offers far more than ‘just another teaching job’. We offer a busy and vibrant workplace where really good people work hard and get along well with each other; regular and well-structured team meetings to keep you ‘in the loop’ and give you a voice within a safe environment; ongoing opportunities for you to present and implement approved ideas that improve your work practices and an environment that is centred on providing quality education to our students.
You are more than a teacher at Newton Moore ESC, you are a mentor and a life coach in an environment with democratic leadership and a culture that has the right blend of engagement and consultation combined with clarity and consistency around policy.
In addition to these attributes, the successful applicant will have the knowledge and skills to contribute to the establishment of an exceptional Education Support program. Key elements of this program include creating an environment that:
- engages, enthuses and challenges students;
- classroom management and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) are displayed;
- incorporates technology;
- accommodates individual student needs;
- provides timely social and academic feedback to students and parents;
- cares for the whole student; and
- celebrates curiosity and creativity.
If you feel you have what we are looking for please go ahead and apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Newton Moore Education Support can be found by visiting www.newtonmooreesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Jo van der Plas, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9722 2480 or emailing Johanna.Vanderplas@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.