Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH712771
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension
Rossmoyne Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and dynamic Teacher - Music for 2022.
The successful applicant will ideally possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and be committed to continuing to deliver the high quality Music program at Rossmoyne PS.
The successful applicant will work closely with students, teachers, parents and the wider school community to achieve the best educational outcomes for our students. As a valued member of the teaching staff, the successful applicant will exhibit high level knowledge to plan, teach and assess the Western Australian Curriculum in Music for Years 1-6. Proficient use of interactive and digital technologies will be highly regarded. An important aspect of the position as our Music Teacher is to be a visible presence in our school promoting engagement and participation in Music for all students.
As our Music Teacher, the successful applicant will ideally have experience in leading and conducting Junior and Senior Choirs and will be involved in a variety of choir events including Massed Choir Festival, Anzac Service, Assemblies, Graduation Ceremony and other performance opportunities. Rossmoyne PS also has a School Band which is co-ordinated by the Music Teacher, and an Orchestra which is co-ordinated by the instrumental string tutor supported by the Music Teacher. The successful applicant will also be expected to co-ordinate the instrumental music program on behalf of the Instrumental Music School Services (IMSS) working with the instrumental music teachers and the students to organise lessons and plan performances such as the Music Soiree and other events.
Rossmoyne PS is a highly successful school of choice. The School’s values of Integrity, Respect, Courage and Belonging underpin the high expectations of staff, students and parents to ensure meaningful learning experiences for all our students in a safe, supportive learning environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rossmoyne Primary School can be found by visiting www.rossmoyneps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Joanna Ashby, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9237 2800 or emailing Joanna.Ashby@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.