Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS711137
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Churchlands Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative Library Officer to join a dedicated team of library staff.
The successful applicant will ideally display an ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with all stakeholders of our community, be able to work independently as well as collaboratively and be able to prioritise to ensure tasks are complete within the set deadlines.
The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operation of the library and provision of reference, information, and associated services to teaching staff and students. Administration of the library systems which ensure library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students, staff and parents at all times.
The successful applicant will assist students and staff to use and access a range of print and digital resources and associated services, as well as ensuring that procedure documentation are prepared and maintained. In addition, you will assist students, and staff to select programs and age appropriate materials, and make recommendations for new library resources.
This position has responsibility for assisting with Homework Club, as well as supervision of students with the Library team. Other possible areas of involvement may be in the area displays and student and parent volunteers
Churchlands SHS has an established reputation as a school where all students Aim High to achieve excellence in their academic, sporting and cultural endeavours. The school provides an ordered, safe and supportive environment characterised by respectful relationships among students and staff. The Churchlands community supports the tradition of wearing our school uniform with pride, reflecting a shared commitment to excellence in all aspects of school life. The School’s values focus on personal, social and environmental responsibility.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Churchlands Senior High School can be found by visiting churchlands.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Arlene Thomas, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9441 1706 or emailing Arlene.Thomas@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.