Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP712010
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Halls Creek District High School (DHS) is seeking a vibrant and skilled educational leader. For this pro-active role, it is expected you will be a strong educational leader who is able to work collaboratively with school staff and the wider community to ensure the highest standards of achievement for all students
The successful applicant will work with the principal and staff to review, plan, and implement effective strategies that promote the school’s values, beliefs and priorities. You will ideally have a sound understanding of collaborative practices as well as the ability to work as a team member within a professional learning culture in order to achieve high educational outcomes for every student. As Deputy Principal you will support the Principal in promoting the shared vision and core values of the school reflected in the school business plan and the strategic direction across the school community
We are looking for an applicant with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, who is committed to achieving exceptional outcomes for all students. You will ideally be an inspirational leader who is able to manage complex situations, provide support and direction to teachers and students, effectively manage resources and have administrative abilities. Ideally, we are looking for an applicant who has had experience working with trauma informed practice, who is culturally responsive and able to support teachers with behaviour and engagement.
Halls Creek DHS is located in the Kimberley Region, between Broome and Kununurra. The students come from town and a number of local Aboriginal Communities within a 50km radius. There are five local language groups, the three most commonly spoken include Jaru, Kija and Gooniyandi. Kriol is also universally spoken across the Kimberley region.
Halls Creek DHS is a school in the Kimberley Schools Project. This Project is focused on improving the literacy and numeracy skills of students through the Targeted Teaching methodology and older students through other supported initiatives. You will be required to continue the implementation of the Project across years 3 to 6 classes and support the growth and development of strategies to improve learning, attendance and engagement.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Creeks District High can be found by visiting www.facebook.com/HallsCreekDHS or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Lynne Dowman, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 91715555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 25 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.