Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH711745
Babakin Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally be passionate, motivated and skilled educators who are committed to improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for every child, every day, through our whole school approaches, explicit teaching and instructional strategies.
We are seeking applicants who are innovative and possess high quality teaching skills and knowledge. They will ideally be committed to ongoing professional growth and development, support current whole school processes and be collegial, effective collaborators.
It is highly desirable that applicants are committed to developing positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community. Applicants should possess a strong capacity to plan challenging and engaging programs using an excellent understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum.
At Babakin PS we make a difference in how students feel, learn and develop so that every student can achieve their personal best, feel happy and build confidence for tackling all life's future challenges. Our school is small, but our ambition for our students is not.
We prepare students to take their place in the wider world with confidence and success, guiding their learning from Kindergarten to Year 6 through individual education plans. In addition, we run a 0-4 program called KidzKonnecting at which we welcome young children from the surrounding area to develop their early learning and social skills, accompanied by a parent/caregiver.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Babakin Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Renae Hough, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Babakin, by telephoning (08) 9065 2400 or emailing Renae.Hough@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.