Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP712253
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Parkwood Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and motivated Deputy Principal for the Intensive English Centre (IEC).
The IEC Deputy Principal will work closely with the Principal and members of the administration team to provide educational leadership in the IEC, and promote the school’s vision and priorities. You will provide leadership in addressing the needs of EAL/D students; implementing whole school strategies for both IEC and mainstream students.
The IEC Deputy Principal will ideally have a strong knowledge in second language acquisition principles, the EAL/D Progress Maps and Western Australian curriculum. You will have the capacity to lead, coach and mentor staff to address the academic and social/emotional needs of EAL/D students. You will also be responsible for delivering strategies and targets outlined in the Positive Climate for Learning focus area within the school’s Business Plan. There will be a teaching component to this role, providing targeted EAL/D support and literacy programs across the school.
Parkwood PS opened in 1975 and is at the eastern end of the Fremantle-Peel Education District. The school sits adjacent to Lynwood Senior High School. Our students enjoy quality facilities, equipment and resources to enhance their learning experiences.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Parkwood Primary School can be found by visiting www.parkwoodprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Letchme Paul, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9235 1400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED