Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS709164
Margaret River Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
Suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist in the implementation of specialised education programs such as ASDAN, MacqLit, workplace enterprise and physiotherapy programs. They will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers and digital technologies, and implement individual student or small group programs or demonstrations. They will, when required, provide feedback on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of goals in special education.
Suitable applicants appointed in a part-time positon will be rostered accordingly to school and student needs therefore flexibility will be needed if changes occur during the term.
Margaret River SHS is an Independent Public School which is an integral part of the Augusta-Margaret River community. Founded in 1952, the school has a rich history of student success and achievement. This tradition is upheld with a continued commitment to the achievement of personal and academic excellence.
A major strength of the School Community is its strong links and partnerships with parents and the local community. Parents play a key role in planning for the future and participate in all aspects of school life. It is the strong sense of community and quality of relationships that makes Margaret River SHS special.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Margaret River SHS can be found by visiting www.margaretrivershs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Cristina Oliveira, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Margaret River, by telephoning (08) 9757 0704 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to three (3) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.