Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE694844
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Communications and Media Directorate is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Communications and Administration Coordinator.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to thrive in a dynamic team that supports the Director of Communications and Media.
You will be responsible for coordinating regular communications, liaising with key stakeholders, overseeing the directorate’s budgets and human resources processes.
No day is ever the same with interesting and challenging work hitting your desk every week - so you will need to be self-motivated, driven, highly organised and have solid experience in contributing to a high functioning team. You will also need to be able to think on your feet and work under pressure to meet competing priorities.
We’re looking for someone who models our work behaviours of being purposeful, connected and autonomous.
Our people are passionate about what they do. We want someone who values the work we do as well as everyone in the team.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Well developed written communication skills, including experience in preparing, editing, proofreading and publishing content.
- Well developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise and consult with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Well developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify patterns, process improvements and solutions.
- Skills and experience in providing financial, human resource and administrative services.
- Well developed organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise, exercise initiative and work with minimal supervision.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact David Muir, Principal Consultant, by telephoning (08) 9264 5452 or emailing David.Muir@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 November 2021.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.