Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP698406
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Banksia Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Deputy Principal to join our friendly and supportive team.
In collaboration with the Principal and the executive team, the Deputy Principal will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school’s vision, business plan, and strategic directions across the school community. A significant responsibility of the Deputy Principal is to embed and maintain aspects of the school culture that promote positive relationships between students and staff, and engaging parents, caregivers, and the wider community in the educational work of the school.
As a Deputy Principal, you will establish and sustain effective collaborative approaches to lead whole school improvement, instructional practice, and curriculum development. The ability to analyse data to inform teaching and learning stakeholders is highly desirable. As a school we hold our students and community to high expectations through the provision of a safe, positive, and enriching learning environment.
The successful applicant will ideally have strong curriculum leadership, and experience of implementing change management processes. They will lead collaborative teams in the setting and monitoring a cohesive, connected approach to curriculum and pedagogical development across the school. They will ideally have an openness and capacity to learn, are driven to excel, possess high level interpersonal skills, are honest, trustworthy, and who are self-aware.
Banksia Grove PS is an Independent Public School in the City of Wanneroo. Our school's purpose is to develop in all students the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for a balanced education within a caring environment and to create a school environment dedicated to preparing students to be competitive in the global community of the 21st Century.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Banksia Grove Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online. Our website is currently under construction.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Rebecca Routledge, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9233 6333 or emailing Rebecca.Routledge@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.