Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711912
Do you have a passion for teaching?
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Ideally, applicants will have the ability to engage and motivate students to determine their learning needs, effectively use assessment to support the delivery of appropriately aligned programs and use technology to motivate, stimulate and complement student learning styles. The suitable applicant will be highly skilled in differentiating the curriculum in Literacy and Numeracy and motivate their students within a vibrant, engaging and inclusive classroom. They will have the ability to plan challenging teaching and learning programs that show a deep understanding of the Australian Curriculum and incorporate the use of explicit teaching strategies.
Falls Road PS is situated in the Darling Range, only 30 minutes from the city. It is nestled in a bush setting that provides a lovely, natural playground for the students. The school grounds have been developed to maintain much of the natural bushland and this has been complimented by the establishment of a large nature play area where students can engage in play-based activities. The school also provides purpose built play areas such as basketball and netball courts; cricket, soccer and football ovals and climbing equipment for students.
Falls Road PS is in its ninth year as an Independent Public School. We have built a reputation as a school of choice and we have an excellent partnership with our parents and community who support the school with a wide range of activities. We have a blend of youthful and experienced staff who are committed and dedicated to assisting students to achieve their personal best across a broad curriculum which aims at developing the ‘whole child.’
Our school has a comprehensive positive reinforcement process which has been complemented by the introduction of the Bounce Back Program which focuses on developing student resilience. Our students are supported in developing attitudes and values of care and concern for themselves, others and the natural environment.
At Falls Road PS we are committed to providing a caring, flexible and inclusive education for our students. We focus on developing the skills and values necessary to allow students to achieve their educational and social potential in an ever-changing world. Teachers support the achievement of this through the use of a cooperative learning approach across all year levels.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Falls Road Primary School can be found by visiting www.fallsroadps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Simon Docherty, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9291 2150 or emailing Simon.Docherty1@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.