Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE713313
The Workforce Supply and Mobility Reform Branch is seeking to establish a pool of Housing and Transport Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2021 and up to the end of 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2021, up to the end of 2022.
There is currently one (1) permanent, full-time position available for immediate commencement.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Staff Recruitment and Employment Services Division is seeking a Housing and Transport Officer to join the Workforce Supply and Mobility Reform Branch.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Housing and Transport team support school staff who work in rural and remote areas by providing them with subsidised housing, relocations and leave travel. We are the largest individual provider of these services within WA Government.
Housing and Transport officers are usually responsible for a group of towns within a region. They process housing requests through set eligibility criteria and coordinate the allocation of Government Regional Officers’ Housing (GROH) accommodation to school staff.
In this role you will provide a property management service by:
- allocating subsidised housing to teachers
- monitoring housing vacancy levels
- assessing needs for additional housing
- maintaining accommodation databases
- administering rent charges and invoices for our leased properties
- calculating and arranging salary deductions for rent.
You will also assess applications for relocations and leave travel, coordinate removal services and arrange the payment of associated expenses and allowances.
You will need to have very good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. This is so that you can partner with our service providers, understand school needs and advise employees on eligibility, their applications, policy, and procedures. Most communication is via phone, standard letter correspondence and email.
Availability of leave is limited during the peak operational period, occurring annually from 1 November to 28 February.
Who are we
Visit our careers website to learn more about our team and the services we provide.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, make sound decisions and prioritise tasks in an environment with competing priorities.
- Well-developed computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to interpret and apply industrial instruments, policies and guidelines
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Joanna Rodgers, Manager Workforce Supply and Mobility Reform by telephoning (08) 9264 5761 or emailing Joanna.Rodgers2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 November 2021
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED