Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711261
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you a passionate, dedicated enthusiastic Primary Teacher who is looking for a rewarding change?
Pinjarra Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic Teacher – Primary to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant should be highly motivated and committed to raising literacy and numeracy achievement, as well as social and emotional skills, through the effective use of whole-school approaches and explicit teaching. They will create an effective, engaging and inclusive learning environment based on high expectations. They should also use assessment data to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching programs, set targets and plan for differentiated learning opportunities for all students in their class.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have a strong understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum. They will be an active member of a collaborative team, maximising the learning opportunities for students and collaborating with their colleagues. Having a passion and joy for teaching and strong classroom management skills will be highly regarded.
At Pinjarra PS we provide an inclusive and safe learning environment. In 2017, Pinjarra PS became an Independent Public School. Our school vision – Respect, Create, achieve is at the heart of our school’s programs.
The social and emotional development of all students is a focus throughout the school. The diverse needs of all students are catered for through the school’s inclusive practices. Our students have access to a comprehensive Pastoral Care System that provides support for students in all aspects of their schooling.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Pinjarra Primary School can be found by visiting www.pinjarraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Christian Louis, Principal by telephoning (08) 9531 1856 or emailing Christian.Louis@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to one thousand (1000) words addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.