Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS698711
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Can you make our school sparkle?
North Mandurah Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly and supportive team.
As the Cleaner In Charge, you will inspire and lead a team of cleaning staff to ensure the school environment is maintained in accordance with Department of Education policies and procedures. The successful applicant should have a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. It is desirable for applicants to have experience in supervising staff, as the successful applicant will work alongside school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services.
In addition to the above, the Cleaner is Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book. They will maintain the cleaner’s time book, arrange relief staff, be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies, open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm system.
North Mandurah PS has a reputation for delivering quality education and pastoral care programs. We cater for students from kindergarten to Year 6 and we have a firm belief in the unique value of each student. The ethos of our school is summed up by our motto 'Together We Succeed'. To develop each child's full potential to become a contributing member of society, we believe that our school shares the responsibility with the family and the community to succeed.
All staff are highly professional and a dedicated team who are committed to the educational needs of all students who are encouraged to become confident and independent learners. We offer a diverse range of specialists programs including, Japanese and technology. The visual arts program involves students in a stimulating and wide range of art experience. The sports program gives students the opportunity to represent the school in AFL, netball, soccer, volleyball, cross-country, swimming and athletics. They are encouraged to participate in the many extra activities such as runners club, boys and girls footy focus and cricket programs. All these programs are keenly sought after by students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about North Mandurah Primary School please visit www.northmandurahps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry Bear, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9586 0800 or emailing Kerry.Bear@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.