Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS711019
Tuart Hill Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of organised and efficient School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2022.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff and community members and provide general clerical and administrative support including preparing correspondence, notices and other materials for both the school and its external clients. The successful applicant will ideally have the capacity to work independently and show initiative in their daily tasks. Sound knowledge of the Department of Education’s INTEGRIS database software and strong expertise within Microsoft Office are highly desirable.
At Tuart Hill PS, we believe in every student. We provide a safe and caring environment where your child will strive for excellence and prepare for the challenges of an ever-changing world. Catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6, we are an Independent Public School where our community has greater flexibility to make decisions to provide for our students. Through our values of Learning, Excellence, Care and Equity, we foster a love of learning so your child will reach their potential.
Our talented teachers and support staff inspire our students and teach a positive, diverse and challenging curriculum that caters for the needs of your individual child. We also provide specialist programs such as Spanish, Physical Education, Visual Arts, Music and Science, as well as back programs in digital technologies and the environment. Our parents have high confidence in our ability to support and challenge their children so that they are well prepared to continue their learning journey into secondary school and beyond.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tuart Hill PS can be found by visiting tuarthillps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kate Goldsworthy, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9413 1500 or emailing Kate.Goldsworthy@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.