Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS711187
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Hampton Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Technical Support Officer with expert knowledge of digital technology systems to join their support team.
The ICT support staff have the role of maintaining networked information technology resources effectively and efficiently, in order to maximise educational and administrative outcomes within the Department of Education’s asset management and security regulatory framework. They ensure the integrity and security of educational and administrative data.
The successful applicant will ideally have recent experience in a school setting, with a sound understanding of SOE4 environment and experience working with the SSS Dashboard. Hampton SHS is a Specialist ICT school, you will work with the Network Administrator in maintaining a large stock of computers and laptops in the computer labs, learning areas and offices. Experience in the school context and with Connect, SEQTA (or similar platforms) and knowledge of media and theatre devices and applications would be highly regarded.
The successful applicant should be able to troubleshoot and provide support to students and staff members including desktop and software application and access to systems and resources. The successful applicant will provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate information technology resources.
Hampton SHS strives to create a vibrant culture of excellence, innovation, opportunity and success for students. The focus of our work is on quality teaching and provision of the widest range of opportunities for individual achievement and learning success. We provide a Specialist ICT program for students with a passion and skills in this area, as well as dedicated STEM and Applied Science programs. We have a strong media program and a working Theatre for our Specialist GaT Dance and other performing arts programs. Applicants must be able to work effectively within a professional learning community, engaged in providing direction and support for all students with a range of academic abilities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- Ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- Organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hampton Senior High School can be found by visiting hampton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Holding, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9338 8904 r emailing Julie.Holding@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.