Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS710234
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021.
Are you an exceptional School Officer? If so, we want you to join our Administration Team
Bull Creek Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated School Officer.
As the School Officer you will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools financial, physical and human resources whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date, along with general word processing tasks.
The School Officer will ideally have attention to detail, capacity to work to deadlines in a somewhat challenging and fast paced environment and work well within a team environment. The successful applicant should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. They will work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, teaching staff and our school community.
Bull Creek PS caters for students starting at Kindergarten through to Year six. We pride ourselves on the warm welcoming culture that exists within the school. Our school is family orientated with significant parental involvement. All are welcome at Bull Creek PS and students from a variety of ethnic backgrounds interact harmoniously in an environment that encourages academic, social and emotional growth.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bull Creek Primary School can be found by visiting bullcreekps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Leeanne Chapelhow, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6216 4400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.