Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE710445
This is a permanent full-time position commencing December, 2021
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Education Business Services Division is seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Principal Consultant – Capability Building to join the Business and Customer Services branch,
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will collaborate with Education Business Services (EBS) and corporate services teams within schools to develop plans and strategies to identify opportunities for capability building initiatives. They will develop options and scenarios to address capability building, talent management and succession planning for EBS and school corporate services staff in collaboration with the Manager Business Improvement and Capability (BIC). The Principal Consultant Capability Building is responsible for evaluating staff capability for BIC reform to assist BIC planning.
The Business and Customer Services Directorate supports the objectives and outcomes of customers by providing value for money corporate services through streamlined business systems and processes and skilled and motivated people.
The Business Improvement and Capability Branch serves Education and Business Services and the broader Department with a focus on School Corporate Services staff. The BIC Branch works with clients using EBS business management functions to ensure these functions are efficient and effective, and that clients have the capability to use these functions optimally.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Highly developed skills and knowledge of capability building, staff engagement and talent management strategies, and change management processes.
- Highly developed leadership and management skills to manage change and reform project teams in the delivery of business capability building and talent management outcomes, and customer satisfaction in a large and complex organisation.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to consult, collaborate and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of capability building and talent management change and reform.
- Highly develop written communication skills in the development of business cases, reports, briefing papers and presentation of key reporting indicators.
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills to evaluate business management performance and provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Heila Britz, Senior Consultant Price Consulting by telephoning 0425 615 859 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
Enter default text here. If not required, delete this section.