Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH712166
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $ 10 210.00 a year
- locality allowance of $1 723.00 a year
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- free relocation
About the role
Carnarvon Community College (CC) is seeking to appoint dynamic and enthusiastic Primary Teachers to join our team. As a school we are committed to the use of evidence based teaching practices and creating a safe and encouraging environment for our whole school community.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess a strong knowledge of all key elements of primary pedagogy and curriculum, as well as an ability to inspire students to develop a passion for learning in a vibrant, engaging and supportive classroom. Applicants should ideally be highly motivated, display excellent interpersonal skills and have an ability to build effective high expectations relationships with students, staff and the school community.
Carnarvon Community College is proud to be an Independent Public School serving students and families of all ages across the entire town of Carnarvon. In mid-2019 we amalgamated as a single site school and opened our new state of the art facilities, ushering in a new era of education in Carnarvon where we will strive to produce the best possible academic outcomes for your child.
Our motto: Growing Excellence Together, highlights some of the foundational aspects of our College. Firstly our commitment to continuous improvement and growth. Secondly our pursuit of excellence and the high expectations we have for our students. Finally the importance of us all working together to ensure every student, is a successful student.
The location and community
Carnarvon is located 895 km north of Perth located between Shark Bay and the Ningaloo Coast World Heritage area. It is a popular holiday destination and in 2018 received WA’s Top Tourism Award with a population under 5000. Since the 1930s it has become known for its produce grown in the rich fertile soil enriched by the Gascoyne River. The Gascoyne River is 865 kilometres long, the longest river in Western Australia, and it is known as an upside-down river.
For more information about Carnarvon visit www.carnarvon.wa.gov.au/Home
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at email@example.com or on 9264 5154.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carnarvon Community College can be found by visiting www.carnarvoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Benjamin Parkin, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in East Carnarvon by telephoning (08) 9941 6000 or emailing Benjamin.Parkin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.