Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS711500
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you an organised and motivated individual looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Eastern Goldfields College is seeking a reliable and dedicated Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Principal to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the school. You will work with the Administration Support Team who are focussed on delivering improved outcomes for the school community, and who share a strong team ethos and a solutions focussed outlook.
The successful applicant should be able to work independently with autonomy. You will oversee the business operations and work collaboratively with a team, embedding the school culture and ethos. You will ideally be flexible and reliable and have excellent conceptual, interpersonal, communication, staff management and problem solving skills.
The Manager Corporate Services will be responsible for implementing sound consistent management and budgeting practices and systems. You will also review current school financial practices and implement improvements. The successful applicant will ideally foster effective human resource management practices and display strategic oversight and effective management of buildings, facilities and assets at the school.
You will ideally have the ability to work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, including Department of Education representatives, parents, Teachers, Education Assistants, outside businesses and community groups.
Eastern Goldfields College is a progressive Independent Public School which caters for students in Year 11 and 12. As a senior college, we encourage students to take ownership of their learning and achieve their very best.
The College exists in a unique and diverse educational domain. It shares facilities with Central Regional TAFE (Kalgoorlie campus) and the WA School of Mines (WASM). It is the College vision for our students to achieve high academic, vocational and social standards by fully embracing the learning opportunities that the co-located site provides.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well-developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eastern Goldfields College can be found by visiting www.egc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Dan McCormack, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 3100 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.