Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE707761
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing January 2022 with possible extension (36 months) and/or permanency
The Early Childhood Education Branch is seeking to appoint a Project Consultant – KindiLink.
The successful applicant will support the KindiLink project across 38 sites. This will include providing guidance and support for the teacher and AIEO educators facilitating the early learning program, including the “Abecedarian A” play-and-learn practises, and content used for the delivery of KindiLink. They will work with two team members to identify and analyse opportunities to improve the learning program, and issues relating to the implementation of KindiLink. Additionally, the Project Consultant will contribute to system-level briefings and reports. On occasion, the Project Consultant will be called upon to work on other Early Childhood matters, including National Quality Standard verifications of schools’ self-assessments.
The Early Childhood Education branch is responsible for implementing systemic policy and strategic planning in early childhood education for Western Australian public schools. The Branch has responsibility for implementing state and national early childhood education reforms, including National Partnerships and Agreements. This includes policy leadership and direct support to schools for the early years of schooling, and liaison across education sectors and government and non-government agencies.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed knowledge and understanding of current policies and initiatives associated with early childhood education, including contemporary curriculum, pedagogy and assessment.
- Cultural responsive practices that focus on improving outcomes for Aboriginal children and their families.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, briefings and general correspondence.
- Highly developed verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with senior officers and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve required objectives.
- Knowledge, skills and practice in the development and presentation of professional learning for early childhood education matters.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Kinkade, by telephoning (08) 6206 2064 or emailing Robyn.Kinkade@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of a five (5) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia or extensive relevant experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED