Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE707734
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing January 2022 with possible extension (36 months) and/or permanency
The Early Childhood Education Branch is seeking to appoint a Project Consultant – KindiLink.
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing implementation of the KindiLink project across 38 sites. This will include providing professional guidance and support for the teacher and AIEO educators facilitating the early learning program, including the “Abecedarian A” play-and-learn practises, and content used for the delivery of KindiLink. They will work with two team members to identify and analyse opportunities to improve the learning program, and issues relating to the implementation and review of KindiLink, and determine and implement appropriate strategies and solutions. Additionally, the Project Consultant will provide professional advice and support to school principals, regions, and other government agencies on matters relating to KindiLink, as well as the provision of system-level briefings and reports. On occasion, the Project Consultant will be called upon to work on other Early Childhood matters, including National Quality Standard verifications of schools’ self-assessments.
The Early Childhood Education branch is responsible for implementing systemic policy and strategic planning in early childhood education for Western Australian public schools. The Branch has responsibility for implementing state and national early childhood education reforms, including National Partnerships and Agreements. This includes policy leadership and direct support to schools for the early years of schooling, and liaison across education sectors and government and non-government agencies.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed skills, knowledge and experience in the application of policies, procedures and issues associated with early childhood education initiatives.
- Highly developed oral and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to consult, liaise, negotiate effectively and maintain collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in preparing reports, briefings and general correspondence and in conducting professional learning.
- Substantial skills and experience in initiating, developing, coordinating and managing programs, projects or strategies in an educational setting.
- Highly developed research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to analyse data, and provide solutions to strategic and/or operational problems and issues.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Kinkade, by telephoning (08) 6206 2064 or emailing Robyn.Kinkade@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of five (5) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED