Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS711632
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Comet Bay Primary School is seeking an ideally experienced and highly skilled school officer to join our team. Located in the suburb of Secret Harbour approximately 55 kilometres south of the city of Perth, Comet Bay PS is at the heart of a thriving beachside community alongside the beautiful Indian Ocean.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The successful applicant should have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote Comet Bay Primary School in a positive way.
The successful applicant should possess attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. You will be expected to model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and will ideally excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will be expected to support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and creating school materials for publication.
Experience in operating a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing, Student Information System (SIS) and RM Billing is highly desirable.
Our school is a Health Promoting School and has embraced its motto 'Growing Together,' ensuring parents and the school work together to improve student outcomes. The school is very proud it is the school of choice for new families to the community. Located in the suburb of Secret Harbour approximately 55 kilometres south of the city of Perth, Comet Bay PS is at the heart of a thriving beachside community alongside the beautiful Indian Ocean.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Comet Bay Primary School can be found by visiting www.cometbayps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Deb Smith, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9523 3700 or emailing Deborah.Smith@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two to three (2-3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.