Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711694
Forrestdale Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
We are looking for classroom teachers that embrace the evidence-based strategies in place across the school. Our teachers are highly motivated and committed to raising literacy and numeracy achievement implementation of whole school approaches including: Explicit Instruction; Talk for Writing; Heggerty: PLD/Soundwaves; imaths: Literacy Pro; differentiated learning; Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM); and the integrated use of Technologies to engage and motive students. There is a commitment by staff in addressing the educational, social and emotional needs of our students through Social and Emotional programs; Challenges and Choices, Zones of Regulation and Health and Wellbeing Frameworks.
A collaborative team environment is an expectation at Forrestdale PS and teachers should be committed to the development of strong professional learning communities focused on student achievement and success. Suitable applicants will ideally have high expectations of their students and a strong understanding of the WA Curriculum. They should have the capacity to effectively manage and implement whole school assessment and reporting tools to track student achievement and will use assessment data including NAPLAN, Brightpath Assessment and Progressive Achievement Testing (PAT) to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching programs, set targets and plan for differentiated learning opportunities for all students in their class.
Forrestdale PS is located within a semi-rural region and backs onto Forrestdale Lake which is one of the most important A-Class Nature Reserves in Western Australia and is included on the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands of International Importance. Forrestdale PS is rapidly growing with an excellent reputation for holistic and inclusive teaching supported by parents invested in their child’s education experiences.
We are seeking applicants who possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills. Suitable applicants should be committed to putting students first in their evidence-based decision-making and be committed to delivering a motivating and quality educational program.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Forrestdale Primary School can be found by visiting www.forrestdaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Samantha Reich, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9397 8100 or emailing Samantha.Reich@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.