Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS709166
We are seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs. They will also complete vacation cleaning duties, including, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs, undercover areas and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is highly desirable and flexibility to work work in different areas as require. Cleaners will ideally show punctuality and comply with Department of Education Policy and Procedures within their role
Margaret River SHS is a high performing Independent Public school and suitable applicants will have a commitment to facilitating student achievement and possess excellent inter personal skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Margaret River SHS please visit www.margaretrivershs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Cristina Oliveira, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Margaret River, by telephoning (08) 9757 0704 or emailing Cristina.Oliveira@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example on
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used and;
- the ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 11 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE ACCEPTED.