Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS711132
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Riva Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and organised School Officer to join our friendly administration team.
Our school is founded on the values of respect, inclusion and achievement. As our School Officer, you will be the first point of contact for our students, families, staff and community at our new school and will ideally embody these values and display them throughout all interactions.
You will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. As a School Officer at Riva you should have a friendly, optimistic and empathetic attitude and possess the qualities to positively interact with a culturally diverse group of parents and our wider community.
You will ideally possess attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. You will also model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing.
Riva PS, located in Piara Waters will be opening in 2022 for K-6 students, including students with special needs. Our school will have a reputation for high standards, both academic and social, where every child is supported to achieve their potential in an environment that is safe, inclusive and nurturing.
At our school, learning is an exciting, active and purposeful process. Our focus is on inspiring learning, and meeting student needs with expert teaching and instruction. Our staff will draw on a range of strategies to foster student independence, engagement, critical thinking, literacy and numeracy and social and emotional skills. We are committed to excellence, supporting student achievement at the highest levels, reaching potential and accelerating progress.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Riva Primary School can be found by visiting www.rivaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Dianne Carlshausen, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 9562 8600 or emailing Dianne.Carlshausen@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.