Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH710524
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Menzies Community School (CS) is seeking an engaging and reliable Primary Teacher to join their friendly school.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $13 730 per year
- Locality allowance of $1 500 per year
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable
- Free relocation
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated Primary Teacher who is child focused and has high expectations of student achievement.
The Ideal Teacher
The successful applicant will ideally be student and relationship focused and have strong interpersonal skills while working collaboratively in a team environment. You will have the opportunity to make a contribution to our school community and should have outstanding interpersonal skills with a natural ability to communicate and relate to parents, students, staff and wider community members.
Menzies CS caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Approximately 120 people live in Menzies and in recent times the school's student population fluctuates between 15 and 25 students with students travelling up to 53 kilometres from Morapoi and Kookynie by bus each day.
For many years, staff at Menzies CS have used a variety of innovative programs and applied a best practice approach to improve overall school performance. We believe that it is important to work collaboratively with families in order to improve their capacity to meet the needs of their children.
The Location and Community
The town of Menzies is situated approximately 130 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie-Boulder and 110 kilometres south of Leonora, serving a mining, pastoral and local Aboriginal community. It is also a popular tourist destination with nearby Lake Ballard attracting international visitors.
For more information about Menzies visit here.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at email@example.com or on 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Menzies Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Megan Irving, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Menzies, by telephoning (08) 9027 5700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.