Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS710876
Geographe Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistant - Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will assist the teacher in the planning, delivery and monitoring of specialised educational programs. They will encourage a supportive and inclusive learning environment across the whole school. Suitable applicants will work in a collaborative team environment and have the capacity to work independently when required.
It is an expectation that all staff work together to meet the focus areas of the school business plan. Suitable applicants will focus on the development of the whole child. Our aim, in partnership with families, is to create unique, lifelong learners who are resilient and confident to tackle challenges of an academic and personal nature.
Geographe PS sees itself as a school of the future, because that is our role and focus: preparing our students for the future. Everything we do has this in mind. So, what does this mean our students might be doing? In their classrooms, they will be learning in groups or individually, depending on what the subject is and sometimes, where they choose to sit, stand or even lay!
Geographe PS is an exciting place. Visitors often remark on how positive the place feels, and how happy and friendly everyone, including students and staff, appear to be. Everything we do has as its guiding principle, preparing our students for the future, beyond primary school. At the same time, we like to have some fun and enjoy our successes.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Geographe Primary School can be found by visiting www.geographeps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Annette Murdoch, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Busselton, by telephoning (08) 9751 7800 or emailing Annette.Murdoch@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.