Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS709616
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Northam Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated Cleaner to join their team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal and external cleaning duties including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. You will also carry out vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Northam SHS stands on the bank of the Avon River and has a proud and rich history of providing a comprehensive curriculum to students in Years 7-12 from the Northam and surrounding Wheatbelt districts. At Northam SHS, we build positive, honest and connected relationships to ensure that our students can contribute to their current and future communities. Our vision is 'A Community United' and the four values that underpin our vision are Courage, Collaboration, Connection and Communication.
With over 700 students, we are the largest school in the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia. Northam SHS is a school where everyone matters and where our students all want to leave the school with clear pathways and opportunities for success.
Northam SHS's teaching and learning programs are always improving, providing our students with access to quality teachers and resources. We work in partnership with students, staff and parents/carers to achieve the best results for all.
Northam SHS has a focus on a safe and orderly learning environment. Led by the Student Services team, all staff provide excellent pastoral care by building positive relationships and establishing and maintaining high standards in their classrooms and school yard.
Northam SHS is a culturally responsive school and there is a strong relationship with our Aboriginal community, in particular the Elders, and through our programs including the Clontarf Academy, Wirrpanda Girls Academy and Follow the Dream Partnerships for Success.
With opportunities to prepare for university or TAFE through an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) pathway or apprenticeship, traineeships or employment through General and Vocational Education and Training pathways, the school has excellent facilities. These include a Trade Training Centre, delivering Hospitality and Kitchen Operations certificates, and a modern and well-resourced Performing Arts Centre. Commencing in 1921 as one of the first schools in Western Australian, we also have impressive heritage listed buildings.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Northam Senior High School please visit www.northamshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Marie-Francoise Carroll, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Northam, by telephoning (08) 9621 6303 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED