Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS709889
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021.
Morley Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an experienced Finance Officer with exceptional financial and analytical skills to join their team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring end of month processes including bank reconciliation and report analysis are carried out in a timely manner ensuring compliance and accuracy. The applicant will also assist the Manager Corporate Services (MCS) with procurement and asset purchases, assist with preparation of budget documents for the school’s Board and Finance Committee as well as effectively manage all aspects of the school’s Hire of Facilities program which includes building and maintaining relationships with our facility hire customers. This position requires a candidate who ideally possesses strong organisational and time management skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy. Having a strong knowledge of RM Finance, RM Billing and SIS Integris will be highly regarded.
Morley SHS's vision is to celebrate diversity and cater for the needs of all students, with the goal of everyone achieving their personal best. We strive to foster a culture of continuous improvement and high expectations in a supportive, engaging and vibrant learning environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Financial management skills with the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to work with minimum supervision, identify priorities and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and liaise with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed computer skills including the ability to create, operate, extract reports and manipulate databases, spreadsheets and systems.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply innovative thinking in problem solving.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Morley Senior High School can be found by visiting www.morleyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information: Please contact Denise Patrick, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9376 5555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.