Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP710835
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible nine (9) month extension and/or permanency
Are you an inspiring and dedicated leader?
WA College Of Agriculture - Denmark is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to join their Executive team to provide quality educational leadership.
The successful applicant will ideally have personal attributes commensurate with effective school leaders. Demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to mentor, guide and advise staff and students. They will work in partnership with families, staff and students to support students academic and pastoral needs based on a positive, educative and restorative mindset. The successful applicant will possess excellent interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills.
You will ideally have a clear understanding of our unique learning environment, understanding how the school, farm and residence work together to prepare adolescent students for success in secondary school and beyond. You will lead operational strategies to support the development of staff to meet student learning outcomes and performance expectations.
The successful applicant should have expertise and leadership in the development, implementation and monitoring of systemic and sustainable College wide strategic plans that ensure that students have the skills necessary to be successful at school, at work and in further education. Ideally, you should also have the ability to recognise, promote and build the leadership capacity of staff, students, parents and the community to promote strong leadership across the broader College community.
WA College Of Agriculture - Denmark has an established history in providing strong outcomes for its students. Our educational program is balanced and provides a mix of hands-on practical work complemented by supporting knowledge provided in a classroom environment. Our College is unique in that it offers accredited industry training alongside secondary education. As well as Certificates in Agriculture and related trades, the College offers a variety of accredited short courses for study each year. Students attend shows such as the Perth Royal Show; Albany Agricultural Show and Wagin Woolarama. There are regular camps and excursions providing real-life experiences for our students. Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) completion rates are high, with a vast majority of students transitioning successfully to further education and/or employment.
While the majority of students are residential, there are a number of day students and a bus service is provided to and from Albany. From its early beginnings in 1942 on the site of the current campus, our College has evolved considerably and moved to its present purpose-built facility in 1999, with a capacity of around 140 students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture - Denmark can be found by visiting www.denmarkag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Rebecca Kirkwood, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning (08) 9848 0200, mobile 0428 480 205 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.