Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS707095
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you a dedicated, motivated and enthusiastic person with experience and a strong focus in cleaning standards and practice?
Shelley Primary School (PS) is seeking a hardworking and dedicated Cleaner In Charge to work collaboratively with all staff as part of a whole school community.
The successful applicant will ideally be a motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace. You will ensure school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education (DoE) procedures.
As the Cleaner in Charge, you will ideally have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be motivated, energetic and preferably, experienced in supervising and motivating staff. It is highly desirable that the Cleaner in Charge has a high level of attention to detail and knowledge of DoE Cleaning Policies and Procedures.
The successful applicant will manage Cleaners’ time books, and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book, arrange relief staff, be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies and stocktake of cleaning resources. You will work as a team with school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services. In addition, the Cleaner in Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters.
Shelley PS is a leading Independent Public School providing a stimulating environment where learning flourishes and our students are given the skills and education to build their future. There is a strong sense of community and belonging. Parents, students and staff know each other well and work together as a team to support student learning.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Shelley Primary School please visit shelleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tanya Joseph, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9235 1450 or emailing Tanya.Joseph@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages. Please address selection criteria (1, 2 and 3) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria below.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception Shelley Primary School, Monota Avenue, Shelley, 6148 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 3 November 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED