Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS706527
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021
WA College of Agriculture – Cunderdin (WACOA) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Kitchen Hand.
The successful applicant will assist the Chef and Cook with food preparation for the College and external groups, whilst assisting with cleaning of the kitchen, utensils and equipment and clearing waste to appropriate areas. The successful applicant will assist with serving of meals and washing dishes whilst assisting in maintaining organised and clean pantries, freezers, cool rooms and store rooms and will promptly report equipment and facilities faults whilst undertaking other related catering duties, as requested.
The successful applicant may be required to undertake general cleaning, catering or laundry duties across the College and boarding facilities, ensuring that a high standard of health, safety and hygiene is maintained. Duties will include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming floors, washing all bathroom and toilet fittings, cleaning all internal windows and spot cleaning of walls, emptying rubbish containers to appropriate areas, damp dusting furniture and fittings. The successful applicant will wash, iron and store clothing and linen whilst ensuring all washing machines and driers are cleaned and free of lint and will promptly report equipment and facilities faults whilst undertaking other related laundry and cleaning duties, as requested.
The WACOA - Cunderdin provides Year 11 and 12 students with a unique educational experience focused on innovation and excellence. The College is located adjacent to the Wheatbelt town of Cunderdin, 160kms east of Perth. Students are offered the opportunity to achieve the best possible educational outcomes within the context of a commercially operating farm, state of the art trade training workshops and a 134 bed residential facility.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to a busy schedule.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Ability to use all cleaning equipment supplied to colleges, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to carry out laundry or cleaning or catering duties, including the safe operation of cleaning or laundry or kitchen equipment and appliances.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture – Cunderdin can be found by visiting www.cunderdinag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Kristine Van – Residential Manager for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin by telephoning (08) 9635 2100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.