Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP710721
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
South Bunbury Primary School (PS) is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Deputy Principal.
In collaboration with the Principal and administrators, the successful applicant will ideally be a proactive, innovative school leader with strong organisational and interpersonal skills. You will work collaboratively with the administrative and staff teams and be cognisant of current research and trends in learning and teaching. In this role you will ideally possess the ability to provide educational leadership in the school and community and inspire enthusiasm for learning in others.
This position will have a broad range of responsibilities including building the capacity of individual staff and supporting the leadership development of curriculum and improvement team leaders. A high level of competency in WA curriculum is ideal in this role.
The successful applicant will also have responsibility for curriculum leadership, analysing data to lead school improvement; the case management of Students at Educational Risk (SAER); student services; classroom management and sustaining effective communication and relationships with the whole school community. South Bunbury PS is implementing and refining whole school methodologies in our teaching and learning to ensure that teaching continues to be of a high standard.
The successful applicant will ideally display instructional leadership, with a problem solving approach to supporting teachers within a complex school environment. As a school with the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) framework being implemented, it will be important that the successful applicant is able to exhibit the philosophies and approach of this mindset. A strong leader, who understands change management and the research of what good leadership is, will be an asset to our school team.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Bunbury Primary School can be found by visiting www.southbunburyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Cathy Allen, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9796 4600 or emailing Cathy.Allen@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.