Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP710643
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you an effective leader who is committed to improving standards?
Anne Hamersley Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Deputy Principal.
The successful applicant will work as a part of a close-knit Administration team to lead Numeracy and Literacy Curriculum improvement throughout the school, using data to guide direction. The successful applicant will also aim to focus on line-managing the middle phase of the learning team, encompassing but not limited to behaviour management, data analysis and teacher mentorship which includes classroom observation and feedback. You would also take on the responsibilities of PEAC, NAPLAN and attendance Coordination.
As a Deputy Principal at Anne Hamersley PS, the successful applicant will ideally possess a deep knowledge of the Explicit Direct Instruction pedagogy and a strong understanding of Paul Swan’s approach to Numeracy. Experience in providing coaching to staff in high impact teaching approaches from K-6 while building strong relationships with staff is also highly desirable. You will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills that will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, ethos and priorities across the school community. The successful applicant will work closely with students, teachers and the community to achieve the best educational outcomes for students in the classroom and extra-curricular contexts
At Anne Hamersley our focus is on child engagement and wellbeing with a vision that focuses on students, staff and the community living together, learning together, and succeeding together. We provide a strong foundation in literacy, science, technology and mathematics, with current technologies and equipment being used to deliver a state of the art education. We are dedicated to ensuring all students become proficient in these core subjects, as they drive all future learning. We also provide a strong focus on physical education, music and art.
Anne Hamersley PS is an Independent Public School catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. We deliver an inclusive, diverse and exciting range of programs to our students with teachers and support staff selected to deliver the best possible education for children in the Ellenbrook area. We are very proud of our rich diversity with children from fifteen countries enrolled in our school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Anne Hamersley Primary School can be found by visiting annehamersleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Christiaan Moir, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9297 7000 or emailing Christiaan.Moir@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.