Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS712463
Mount Hawthorn Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022. We currently have one permanent full-time position available for appointment from this pool.
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants will ideally have a friendly, positive and caring attitude with a growth mindset to work within a fast paced and team environment. They will ideally possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
Suitable applicants will be responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties. Duties include preparing notices and correspondence; providing information, advice and collecting documentation for new enrolments; entering student enrolment data and maintaining student attendance records; maintaining staff and relief staff records; and generating routine reports from the school databases.
It will be highly desirable if applicants display high levels of customer service, have outstanding organised clerical skills and be a supportive and capable team member. They will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial, physical and human resources of the school whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. They will also provide assistance to other members of the school administration team.
At Mount Hawthorn PS our school vision is to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment where every student is supported and challenged to achieve their potential. We celebrate and value their efforts, their progress and their successes. We provide high quality learning opportunities for our students to reach their potential. We are a high performing school that continues to look for ways “to be better” and has developed a culture of ongoing improvement.
Mount Hawthorn PS opened in 1906 commencing with 43 students and is located in the suburb of Mount Hawthorn (North Metropolitan Education Region). We became an Independent Public School in 2012 and now have over 900 students.
As citizens of Mount Hawthorn PS, we have core values of:
- Following Instructions
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Hawthorn Primary School can be found by visiting mounthawthornps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Traceyanne Mutua-Muasya, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9338 0550 or emailing Traceyanne.Mutua-Muasya@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 1 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.